Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Disability

Definitely a bittersweet feeling.  March 4th I applied for Medicaid and Disability  there is no way I can work during my recovery at this moment.  After being prepared to be denied, and having to go through the fight for several years, I got a call today saying I was approved for both Medicaid and SSI.

It's such a relief, I have been panicking about money and trying to figure out a way for me to have a job, to get money to save, so after treatment I can finally move out of my parents house.  Not to mention the ridiculously HUGE stack of hospital bills I have yet to pay.  Disability said they would back pay any bills that I have after Nov. 2012.

It's a big relief, but it's also such a crushing, sad feeling.  I don't know what else to say.

2 comments:

  1. Doubled-edged sword - Like you are happy to have the disability payments but that means you are truly sick & that is scary.

    ReplyDelete