Thursday, October 17, 2013

Gluten Free Amylose Free Quinoa Buffalo Chicken

It was so good I forgot to take a picture before I started eating it... so here's a cute buffalo (was going to be a cute chicken but then I felt bad because I ate the chicken.)  Anyways.  I've been craving buffalo wings, but of course, I can't have them.  So I kinda invented this recipe (I couldn't find any quinoa chicken breading, but I probably wasn't looking hard enough.)  So here you go!

Again, another pre-warning, I follow the Shoemaker No Amylose diet, so it may be different for you all, just be cautious and follow your diet like a good person.

Homemade Buffalo Sauce (Better Than Store Bought)
Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Directions:
Melt the butter either in a sauce pan or microwave.  Once butter is melted, whisk in hot sauce, vinegar, and garlic powder.  Once combined, set off to the side.  (Mix again before serving.)

Quinoa Chicken Breading
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 1/2 tablespoon salt
  • 1/2 tablespoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions:
In a very lightly oiled skillet pour 1 cup of quinoa in and heat.  Toast the quinoa on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.  The quinoa makes cute little popping noises when they are toasting.  Make sure they don't burn.  Once toasted, put in a blender or food processor and blend until they form a fine powder.

In a medium bowl, mix quinoa flour-ness with the salt, pepper, paprika and garlic.  Now it's ready for breadin'.

Buffalo Fried Chicken
Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of quinoa chicken breading
  • cooking oil
  • 3/4 cup of homemade buffalo sauce
  • crumbled bleu cheese
Directions
In one medium bowl, mix 2 eggs together.  In another medium bowl, have the chicken breading.  I'm not a fan of thick chicken, so I beat out my chicken, but that step is up for you.  Take beaten or non-abused chicken and dip in egg, then into the breading mixture.  After the chicken is dipped and breaded, I like to bread it again, so repeat the above step.  (You don't have to if you don't want to.)  Once breaded the number of times you enjoy, set chicken on wax paper and place in the fridge.  The longer the chicken stays in the fridge the more the breading will stick when it's fried.

In a pan, bring oil up to a boiling level.  Fry chicken until nice crispy and brown AND ISN'T RAW.  Plate chicken, and pour on desired amount of homemade buffalo sauce on each chicken.  Top with some sprinklings of bleu cheese, and voila! Done!

1 comment:

  1. Just made thisy for my wife as she has decided to follow an amylose free diet. This tasted amazing. Thank you so much. Highly recommended!!!

    ReplyDelete